Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Yaki Udon=Jap Hokkien Mee :P

~I ate this at Scotts Food Court, found it tasty. And since 1)i had tasted it 2)took a glimpse from a distance behind the glass when the chef cooked it I decided to reinvent the the recipe myself. Ingredients: Udon (can find at supermarkets like NTUC) Meat (Chicken Cubes/Minced Pork) 1 Egg Big Onion Rings Abt 1-2mm sliced. Japanese Soy Sauce/ Soup Base. Seaweed Strips For Garnish. Cooking Oil BEFORE PUTTING INTO THE MOUTH: 1. Heat up the oil in a pan. 2. Fry the onion till slightly yellow and fragrant. 3. Add the Meat and fry for 1 min. 4. Add the Udon and Soy Sauce/Soup base and fry for another min. 5. Fry till slightly burnt before adding the beaten Egg and continue frying till the mixture is only slightly moist (from v moist). 6. Garnish with Seaweed Strips. 7. The most important step: Put it on yr tastebuds. Disclaimer: Well mine tasted pretty much the same as that i ate at the Food Court. I dunno abt yours. I can't Predict the future and the uncertainty. ~the exact amt of the ingredients is not stated here as i never use the exact amt- er i have the 'feeling' to add what i think is enough. Ha. Trial and error ba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home